The Fall 2016 competition training schedule has a been set for the following dates on Sunday mornings from 10:30AM to 12:00PM as follows:
Sunday 9/11 and 9/18 - Black Belts Only, Adults and Juniors
Sunday 10/2, 10/9 and 10/16 - All Adults and Juniors, both Color Belts and Black Belts
- All students in the Juniors or Adult program are welcome to the October sessions, includes all students from White Belt through Black Belt.
- You do not need to compete to take the classes.
- Students may attend some or all sessions.
- If you have fighting gear bring it.
- Students who have a Green Belt and up may get fighting gear; students who are Blue Belt or above are strongly recommended to have their own gear.
- If you do not have fighting gear you can borrow a chest guard (hogu) for the training, gear is available for purchase from the front desk.
- If you made it this far it means you are interested. We want you to attend, why don't you come to the training? We'll be happy to see you.
Calendar events are subject to change.
March 28: Promotion Test --CANCELLED
April 19 & 26: Competition Training (10:30 am - Noon)
May 2: Competition Training (10:30 am - Noon)
May 9: Promotion Test (study sheets)
May 10: Competition Training (10:30 am - Noon)
May 16: The 2020 US Masters Invitational Taekwon-do Championship
May 25: School closed for Memorial Day
June 20: Promotion Test (study sheets)
June 22: Summer deferment deadline
June 26 & 27: UTA Grand Nationals
June 28: Summer schedule starts
July 4: School closed for Independence Day
July 6-10: Mighty Lions Camp
July 13-17: Young Adults Camp
July 20-24: Juniors Camp #1
July 31- August 2: TKDI Boot Camp
August 8: Promotion Test (study sheets)
August 10-14: Juniors Camp #2
August 17-21: Juniors Camp #3
September 7: School closed for Labor Day
September 8: Regular schedule resumes
September 26: TKDI Invitational Tournament, Asheville, NC
October 10: Promotion Test (study sheets)
October 12: School closed for Indigenous Peoples Day / Columbus Day
November 7: TKDI Instructors Seminar
November 25-28: School closed for Thanksgiving
December 5: The Founders Classic Tournament
December 12: Promotion Test (study sheets) & Holiday Party
December 23 - January 1, 2021: School closed for winter holidays
Proudly serving Montclair, Glen Ridge, Bloomfield, Nutley, Little Falls, Verona, East Orange, West Orange, South Orange, Caldwell, West Caldwell, North Caldwell, Cedar Grove and many more!
Glen Ridge Taekwon-do is a founding member of Taekwon-do International